Finally got the bed together (thanks to my wonderful husband and the one and only Justin Grant)!
Here's a picture I snagged the night the put it all together. I got the bedding on and loved it! (although if anyone knows any secret to "fluffy" bedding please help - I long for the day that I have a fluffy bed...)
One reason why this has taken so long is because I am indecisive. I wish there was a more severe word. I am incapable of making decisions. For real. Ask B. After going back and forth for 2 weeks, I finally decided I truly hated the putrid green wall color. It was supposed to be earthly and subtle but instead it was brown/green poop colored. Anything poop is not subtle. I've lived with it over a year and just couldn't do it any longer. It was bringing all of my new decor down. I was unhappy. So, I sucked it up and spent the $20 for a new gallon of paint. Drool with me...
You have to see it in person to really understand how beautiful it really is. It looks a little purple in these pictures, but it's not. It's a very calming, almost silvery blue. It's delicious.
So, after painting, the room was in complete, I mean complete, shambles. And I'm not gunna lie, we lived in in like this for a good couple days before I could no longer handle it. (and it takes a lot for me to not be able to handle it...)
So when I could no longer deal with a ladder for a nightstand, I did the inevitable. I cleared out the entire room. I'm like a Tasmanian devil when I clean. I don't clean 99% of the time, but when I do, I really do. I took everything out besides the bed itself. See exhibit A:
Once it was all out, I sorted it, clean it, and started bringing it all back in...slowly. (And most of the crapola was pitched...why we had some of the things we do in our bedroom, I will never know...) Like the glade holiday candle that I found stuffed in my sock drawer...or my high school diploma which was in a shoebox in the closet...wowzers.
With the room cleared out I was able to start assembling my new decor. I finally got the chicken wire wall stapled in place! More pictures/decor will be put up on it eventually, but come on people, just getting it up was a huge step for me!!
Next is the new love of my life, our dresser. Yep, we finally found one. And she's a beaut. It was hard as heck trying to find the best place for her, but once we figured it all out it was perfect. The frame is not staying - ended up feeling too "grandma" but I don't have a picture without it - so just imagine with me...
Looks pretty decent from that angle, right? Well, what you can't see in the picture is the fact that only 1 of 4 walls has anything on it. The other 3 are blank. Blank as can be. I tried a picture collage idea I found from Under the Sycamore, but Bryan vetoed it because it looked too much like a college dorm room collage. I agreed unfortunately. The idea is great, just didn't work with the room/pictures we had. I have a few picture frames and mirrors I'm waiting to try and get up, but I just need a little time to figure something out. Progress people. It comes in stages :)
Lastly, we bought this chest along with our dresser. You can see it a bit in the third picture up top being used as a catchall. Well, it was just not the right color white. Looked yellow against the bed. Sooooo...I set out this past weekend to sand it down, repaint and distress it. After 2 hours of electric sanding and a trip to Lowes for more hardcore sanding disks, this is what I ended up with. Ugh. Looks like I will be investing in some heavy duty "stripper" to try and get all 17 layers of paint off of this dang thing.
That's all I've got for now! But it's a big improvement...hopefully sooner than later I will have a final before and after reveal. hopefully...